There are tons of things I could tell you about my life around dogs… but what matters most is that it’s been so rewarding to help so many hundreds of families since 2017 when I first opened Fins Animal Training. (And really since 2011 when I first started training dogs.)
I started with one goal… to help people. I enjoy teaching people just as much as I enjoy teaching dogs (which many families tell me is not always the case with dog trainers!).
To see dog owners go from reluctant that they ever got a dog (I get it!) to really being able to enjoy their dog the way they always imagined… fun peaceful walks, going to town with impressive dogs that get tons of compliments, and even just living day to day life at home without having to yell at their dog to get back inside already or get off the friend who’s coming in through the front door…
The joy on their faces is priceless and why I love what I do.
Until we get a chance to meet and get to know each other, here are some details about my background…
- Associates of Science in Veterinary Technology
- Bachelors of Science in Veterinary Science
- Certified dog trainer through the Animal Behavior College
- CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer-Knowledge Assessed)
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Certified Pro Dog Trainer through AbsoluteDogs
- Separation Anxiety Pro Trainer with Julie Naismith
- Served on a few committees at the APDT (Association of Professional Dog Trainers)
- Active member of the Savannah Kennel Club
- My dog Welker, who passed away in April of 2021, had her Canine Good Citizen title, as well as novice, intermediate, and advanced trick dog titles
- I currently have Avery, a German Shorthair Pointer, she has her novice, intermediate and advanced trick dog titles